The Water is why you are here – go and enjoy it
Activities on The Chesapeake Bay
Whether you’re here for the ambiance or to unwind, there’s something for everyone in this classic waterfront town on the Chesapeake Bay. Join us on one of our cruises, observe osprey and heron as our captain guides you through calm, clear inlets; or, unpack a picnic on one of our nearby beautiful pristine beaches. Whatever you choose, we assure you that your water experiences will be memorable.
Charters and Tours
Let our owner and Captain Dudley Patteson show you our town and area – from the water. Knowledgeable and entertaining your cruise will be the highlight of your stay.
We are most fortunate to have the 6th largest sailing school in the US, Premier Sailing, just down the street. Lessons are available for children and adults.
- For corporate events, sailing and racing are natural team-building experiences. Use racing to build up your team’s confidence and help them work together. No previous sailing experience is necessary. Premier Sailing will organize everything for you and put an experienced instructor on each boat. Each boat (J24 or Cal 30) can accommodate four of your team, plus a skipper.
- Westland Beach – 10 minutes by car at Windmill Point, the very tip of the Northern Neck, enjoy wonderful views of the mouth of the Rappahannock and the Chesapeake Bay.
- Hughlett’s Point Natural Area – 20 minutes by car, take in a natural preserve where you most likely will find yourself alone and totally connected with the beauty of the Chesapeake.
- Bring your own kayak to launch just down the street.
Carter’s Creek offers two options:
- Premier Sailing also offers Charters with Captain in addition to being a sailing school.